12 October 2012

Truth at all costs.

Mahatma Gandhi said "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." He also said "One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds." Martin Luther said "Peace if possible, truth at all costs," "Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die," and "Nothing good ever comes of violence."

I believe in non-violence when it comes to changing the world or reforming my area of the state. My doing what I believe to be right and bringing corruption to the attention of people that can do something about it has put me in the mental health unit under false pretenses, caused so called friends and family to cease having anything to do with me, it has even caused issues between my father and I. But that doesn't really matter, what matters is I know in my heart that I did and am doing the moral and ethical thing. Aldo Leopold said "Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal."

Whatever negative has came about from this situation is minimal to the positive. While I didn't need to be hospitalized, I learned exactly where I am in my journey with mental illness. I have gone from being helpless and needing others to being a teacher and helping others. My hospitalization cost appx. $13,500.00 but it kicked off the mental health support group I'm starting with the blessings and adoration of the mentally ill, their caregivers AND professionals in the mental health system.
Locking me away did not do anything but make me stronger, smarter and learn exactly where I am in being responsibly mentally ill. Of my 12 steps, I've been on the 12th step for years. The 12th step is - Use your experiences to educate the public. I live with a mental illness and I do what is needed to live a happy and responsible life. Mental illness does not equal dangerous or criminally insane.

While I realize that I will contend with stupidity and ignorance, those people with closed minds and an inability to learn or show compassion for others are not my target audience. People like that will never learn nor hold themselves to the ethical standards I expect out of people. My target is people who WANT to learn and better themselves and the world around them.

All Martin Luther wanted to do was reform the church. He did so with only the backing of the Prince of Saxony at first. His wanting to translate the Latin Bible to German turned out to spawn the Protestant Reformation and the Lutheran Church. One man's idea fundamentally changed the world and religion.

He was also bold when calling out the Church on their false ideas and corruption. He nailed a copy of his 95 Theses to the door of a church. When he was excommunicated and his writings ordered burned, he burned the excommunication. What he had to go through to reform the corruption of the Church meant nothing to him. He saw the end goal and went for it.

To think, all I did was write 3 letters and stirred up all of this negativity and hate towards me because I refused to let the corruption of certain people go on any further. Unfortunately people have taken the word of a known meth addict and someone with no moral ground rather than use logic or their knowledge of me to make their decisions.

Right will prevail. Corruption will crumble. Reformation will happen. I will use this experience to do good in the world, help others and educate the public.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you for moving forward in a positive way from all the crap you were dealt recently & in the past. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete